AusGroup was subcontracted by Thyssenkrupp to fabriacte and assemble the components for the RC03 reclaimer the world’s largest on rail reclaimer ever made.
Reclaimer package consisted of10 major structural components.
- Substructure 240t module
- Cross Equalizer 42.5t
- Reeler platform 12.5t module
- Equipment platform 44t module
- Bucket wheel boom 170.5t module
- Pylon 5.7t Slew deck 113.5t module
- Counterweight boom 62t module
- Boom mast 27.2t module
- Pantograph 129t module
All items were fabricated at the AusGroup Kwinana Operations. AGC was also asked with assembling all modules to full extenet as allowed by transport. Some modules were in excess of 240t, 15m wide (the widest ever transported on Perth metro roads) and one module 69m long.
Watch the video here.